Solutions, inspiration and information on Eco-Design issues. A blog for designers, engineers and eco-conscious visitors.

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Charge your electrical items in your handbag

Not exactly a handbag, but a purse. The way I see it (I carry two cellphones, a digital camera & a PDA in my huge handbag that my fiance said if a snatch theft is to happen to me, the thief would be really grateful) I need this purse badly.

The handbag is literally a power purse with six solar panels incorporated into the exterior design. Hynek connected these panels to a device inside the purse so that a cell phone, PDA, or other small electronic items can be charged. It was the stylish high-tech design, however, that won the $500 second-place design award in the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists' (AATCC) 2005 competition. The winning entries will be on display at the AATCC International Conference and Exhibition in Boston this fall.

via: knufflebunneh

No comments:

About Eco Design Blog

Blog Archive

ecodesign news-bits